When you connect to Facebook and Twitter, these companies give TinyTorch special permissions that allow you to schedule posts. These special permissions are called access tokens.
At times, these tokens may expire for a wide variety of reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- After 60-90 days tokens usually expire
- If your password has recently changed
- If Facebook or Twitter believe that your account was subject to a security risk
If any of these reasons have occurred, we will send you an email showing how to correct the issue. Also, you won't be able to publish another scheduled post until you have reconnected with Facebook and/or Twitter.
To reconnect your account, please complete the following steps:
- Please visit this link: https://app.tinytorch.com/account/social
- Click the blue "Reconnect" button next to the expired social account
Once you've completed these steps, your scheduled posts will continue to post as previously scheduled.
If you have any more questions, please email us at Support@TinyTorch.com